Sunday, October 17, 2010

Preaching to the Chinese

The Lord gave me a huge privilege today.  I preached at 11:00 this morning for our brand new (one week old) Chinese Baptist Church at the Baptist Student Union on the Missouri State University campus.  It is remarkable to stand up to preach, knowing that a good number of your listeners have virtually no knowledge of the Gospel.  It forces a preacher to choose his words wisely.

I did not use an interpreter.  They told me they like to hear a sermon spoken in English.  Everything else was in Mandarin.  Ruth and I could not understand a word. The music was beautiful. The Eastern sounds were strong, the harmony was perfect.  A trio of students sang.  Two were new believers. I was enjoying a foretaste of Heaven, where people from all over the globe will gather as one to lift praises to our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I assume we will sing in Hebrew in Heaven.  I’ve always been told it is God’s native tongue. Whatever language we sing in, I am confident we will all be able to sing and understand every word.

iTunes Ruth Marshall
Family blog www.yeebird.blogspot.com
Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall