Monday, April 9, 2012

Dr John Yeats

I am watching leadership personified in our new Executive Director of the Missouri Baptist Convention. For three hours this afternoon I watched him unveil page by page, step by step, a blueprint for the future of our state convention that is nothing short of brilliant.

I have the spiritual gift of teaching, not leadership. But I know good leading when I see it, and I saw it today. We should all be thanking God for sending our state convention a man of vision, and a man who can articulate specific methods to achieve that vision.

Ruth and I have enjoyed Dr and Mrs Yeats since the first moment we met. Enjoyment has grown to love, and love has progressed to respect. Today certainly multiplied the latter. The first thing I did after the meeting today was to call Ruth and tell her my excitement. Thank You, Jesus, for blessing Missouri Baptists.

Twitter & FB john316marshall