Sunday, August 31, 2014

Resurrection Assurance

 The resurrection of Jesus' dead body guarantees our bodily resurrection. He, as the Head of the body, led the way. We, as members of His body, will follow.


Christ's body was placed in the grave, having died after the load of our sin had been placed on it. His body became the receptacle of sin, but when He rose, sin was left behind. He came forth with a glorified body, freed from any taint of sin.


The same will happen to our bodies. Death is the means whereby God will purge our bodies of contamination. The scattering of our elements will be like purifying them through a filter. When God recalls those elements in the Resurrection, they will return clean and whole. 


Eventually, every Christ-follower will be completely delivered: spirit and body. We will stand whole before God. When all is said and done, sin will have nothing of me but its own self. This will be a good riddance. Ruth says she wants to inscribe on my tombstone, "Here lies a bookworm being eaten by earthworms". I hope the worms that eat my body get indigestion. I want to share with them the misery this body has caused me.


Twitter and FB john316marshall