Thursday, November 5, 2015

More of My Most Quoted Quotes

Some of the sayings I regularly use have been with me so long that I have no clue where they came from. Here’s a few of those. I am honored to be your Pastor. God has given to us, now let us give back to God. You are the most giving people I know. Holiness matters most; say it with me. . .Holiness matters most.

Some of my quotes are easier to analyze. For instance, my use of the word “Huzzah”. The term was commonly used in the Revolutionary War period as an exclamation, much like our “Hurray” or “Yay”. I keep thinking if I use it long enough, “Huzzah” will catch on again. No luck so far.

Some of the easiest phrases to explain are the ones that have to do with my joke telling. “Why am I telling you I am about to tell you a joke?” Obviously, the answer to this is so that everyone will laugh, which they otherwise probably will not do. I say “That was a joke” to let people know they were supposed to laugh at what I had just then said.