Saturday, January 9, 2016

KC Chiefs

Since I'm cheering for a Missouri team, the KC Chiefs, in the playoffs, I thought I might share some of my thoughts about them. I know they have lost 8 playoff games in a row, but I think that streak will end today. At least, I hope so.

Being a history buff, I would like to see Super Bowl 50 be a repeat of Super Bowl I, except for a different outcome. I remember the Packers beating the Chiefs in that first contest.

Speaking of history, the Chiefs won what I think is the most important pro football game ever played, Super Bowl IV. Most people would give that title to Super Bowl III, the one Joe Namath won.

I think the football powers felt Super Bowl III was a fluke, an aberration. Super Bowl IV finally convinced the football power brokers that the AFL was on a par with the NFL. Only after Super Bowl IV did the two leagues finally merge.

Thus end the ramblings of a Cowboys fan about the Chiefs.