Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Travel Woes

As always, my time spent at the Large Church Roundtable was wonderful.
It is always one of my favorite events of the year.


LCR is a group of about 25 Pastors of Southern Baptist churches that
run 1000 to 3000 in attendance. We laugh, learn, and love. I'm
grateful for the guys. They always bless me.


The only downer is travel woes. It has gotten to where it is almost a
given there will be a flight delayed or cancelled. This makes for a
feeling of insecurity each time I travel.


I miss the precision and exact timing the airlines were once noted
for. My dad and grandpa witnessed firsthand the demise of the
railroads. Fortunately we were able to replace the RRs with cars,
trucks, boats, and planes. I fear we don't have anything to replace
planes with. Our commercial livelihood depends heavily on them. I hope
we can find ways to make the airline industry stout again.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall