Saturday, June 26, 2010

Is Spurgeon the greatest?

Charles Haddon Spurgeon, London Baptist Pastor in the 19th century, is the number one selling author in the history of the English speaking world. He has often been called the greatest preacher since the Apostle Paul.


I have always been fascinated by him. I did a doctoral paper on him. To read of his life and accomplishments is nothing short of stunning.


Of all the things I admire most about Spurgeon, the most amazing trait of his ministry was his astounding grasp of Scripture. I know of no one who can explain the Bible better than he does.


I feared Spurgeon would become forgotten, but the Internet has increased interest in him. His devotionals and sermons are being quoted regularly on Facebook and Twitter.


Do a google search. Read about him on Wikipedia. Download his daily devotions. You will not be disappointed.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall