Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Miss Grandpa

Odd, isn't it?  You can be coasting along in life with not a care in the world, and then, all of a sudden, something strikes you that causes your emotions to come unglued.  That happened to me this afternoon.

My dad's dad died 31 years ago today.  What shook me was when I realized he had been gone more years than the number of years I knew.  I don't know why that caused the tears to start, but the whole thought was overwhelming.

Grandpa and I were of the same temperament. We bonded on several levels. I wish my children and grandchildren could have known him. He spoke often of the Bible.  He talked about farm life.  His diary was daily listings of weather conditions. I never met anyone else like him. I wish I could have known him longer and better.  Heaven will be sweet.

Twitter @john316marshall
Facebook  john316marshall