Sunday, June 19, 2011

SBC 2011

The Southern Baptist Convention in Phoenix is history. It was the smallest SBC since WW2, and one of the hottest (107° by day).


Fortunately, nothing controversial happened. Mundane is good. It keeps us out of the newspapers. Negative controversies are a downer.


I was able to enjoy a vast majority of the proceedings. I also attended five meetings.


I would be remiss if I did not mention the extraordinarily high quality of the schmoozing this year. There seemed to be people everywhere wanting to talk. Huzzah.


My gladness was tempered by the fact Ruth's knee troubles kept her from attending with me. It's the first time in years she has not gone with me.


There's always next year. New Orleans, home of my alma mater, will host the convention in 2012. I'm sure it will be fun.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall