Friday, September 21, 2012

Our College Group

To say Ruth and I are enjoying our college small group would be a huge understatement. We are literally discovering a whole new world. Ruth says she is grateful God let us be a part of this.

Some of the students' comments fascinate me. They are amazed to be in a home. Life in a dorm or apartment isn't for them the same as being in a home. They marvel at how clean Ruth keeps the house. They love our elderly advice and humor.

One trait of theirs especially fascinates me. When my generation goes to the kitchen for food, we fill our plates and then head to living room to chat. The college students stay in the kitchen, stand, and form a tight knit circle around the food, and talk there. I think they could visit for hours while standing. They love interaction with each other.

Ruth and I are learning a new way of doing small groups. So far so good.

Twitter & FB john316marshall