Friday, October 11, 2013

Facebook on Mission

Recently I was communication with missionaries from our church who are assigned to a restricted area. I asked if social networking was helping them. Their answers were informative. They said Facebook lets them give quick posts, which is all some people want. For those who want more detailed information, a blog seems most helpful.

They hope to do some video prayer walking when their internet problems are ironed out. That could provide helpful visuals for prayer warriors back home.

I asked if social media helps ease loneliness, or makes them more homesick, or neither? The wife's answer is a classic. "Neither. I feel responsible to keep connected to those who promised to pray. Maybe encourage others to take up the challenge as well. Not homesick in the least. After all I do have my Lord and my man here."

Pray for our missionaries. They are serving the Lord by representing us to the ends of the earth.

Twitter and FB john316marshall