Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ed and Pat Meyer

Today I had the high honor of spending time with one of the finest Christian couples I have ever known: Ed and Pat Meyer. They have served the Lord faithfully for over 60 years.

 

Ed and I share several common passions. We are both rabid Cardinals fans. He remembers players that were before my time. He had the privilege to meet several of them. Ed even played on the field at Sportsman Park a time or two. He was a gifted athlete.

 

We also both loved the Blackwood Brothers Quartet. He could remember them before the plane crash killed two of them in 1954. My first memory of them is a few years after that.

 

Ed, Pat, and I talked a while. I led us in prayer, and then Ed began to sing in his beautiful tenor voice. He sang about Heaven, and told me he wants Jesus to come take him to Heaven. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.