Monday, January 30, 2012

Preaching About Money

Thank you for your kind response to my two recent sermons on money. Few assignments strike more terror into a Pastor's heart. People sometimes think all we are interested in is their money. Thus we preachers often feel reticent to tackle the subject.

I have a few guidelines to help me when I preach on money. Be brief, there's no such thing as a bad short sermon, especially on this topic. Be bold, look straight into the camera and don't blink; it took me years to be able to do this. Be funny, I wouldn't even think about preaching a sermon on money without being humorous. It is the best way to release the tension that builds up in the room.

One last observation. Thanks for laughing at my jokes yesterday. You could have buried me, but your grace instead blessed me. By the way, did you hear the joke about the. . . .

Twitter & FB john316marshall