Saturday, September 20, 2014

Monthiversary #522

Yes I know it's an odd habit, but each month, on the 20th day of the month, I celebrate my monthiversary with Ruth. It's a routine built-in reminder of our commitment to each other. Today's monthiversary is especially meaningful to us because it is the 43rd anniversary of our 6-month celebration.

On September 20, 1971, Ruth and I commemorated our first six months of married life. I brought her a large white wedding candle that we were to light every anniversary (never did). She brought me a double record album of the pioneer Southern Gospel family, the Speers (Ruth discarded it not long ago when she was cleaning out old stuff).

I remember that 1971 evening. We put our gifts on our console record player and took pictures. I think we still have those somewhere. The main thing is; our love for each is as strong and exciting as it was back then. God is good. He let me marry up, way up.

Twitter & FB john316marshall