Saturday, July 25, 2015

Chicago

One drawback about driving to Upper Michigan is; it requires going through the Chicago metroplex. At one point, we were on an Interstate that had 14 lanes going full speed. Believe it or not, Ruth is fearless in driving through Chicago. She did it both coming and going. A piece of cake as far as she’s concerned. Superwoman indeed.

While in Michigan, we attended Sunday morning services at First Baptist Church, Cadillac. It was the first time in my life I saw congregational song words on a large screen with videos of pertinent movie segments playing in the background. Fascinating. I’m still processing that one.

It was cool in Michigan. Ruth, who hates heat, said this is the way summer was meant to be. She loved it up there. By the way, my time with her was the highlight of the trip for me.