Friday, July 24, 2015

Vacation

Ruth and I had a wonderful vacation. We drove through St Louis, Chicago, and Grand Rapids on our way to and from seeing our grandson Caleb at Interlochen Music Camp in Michigan.

We had the privilege of hearing Caleb play in several performances. He is an excellent cellist. Of course, I am a totally unbiased Grandpa.

We drove over 2600 miles, and enjoyed them all. I have never been bored in Ruth's presence. She delights me.

In all my travels, I have seen few sights more inspiring than the cornfields of Illinois. Seeing them as far as the eye can see, mile after mile after mile, speaks to me of God's bountiful blessing on our land.

Our nation's food supply is so abundant that we can feed the world. I was reminded of this blessing as I watched the rows of corn fade off into infinity in every direction. It's as if they were continuing to all the world.

God blessed and blesses our USA America. "Lord, make us more grateful."

Dr. John 3:16 Marshall, Pastor
Second Baptist Church
Twitter and FB john316marshall