Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Preachers are a hoot!!

My dad always said preachers are the funniest people in the world.  I’m about to decide he’s right.  I spent the last two days with seven preachers in an informal conference setting.  I don’t know how I could have had more fun.  We share the same situations, and are able to help coax each other through tough waters.  Sometimes the best medicine is to lean back and guffaw.  That’s what we do.

Don’t misunderstand.  We cry together too.  One of the brothers is going through a hard time.  We stopped everything and had a special time of prayer for him.  We will continue praying for him.

I find myself more and more grateful God called me to preach.  He rescued me from a life of shuffling widgets.  I can’t think of anything I could have done that would have been a higher calling.  On Sunday say a kind word to your Pastor.  He can use the encouragement.  Thank you, Second Baptist, for being my larger support network.  I love you.

iTunes Ruth Marshall
Family blog www.yeebird.blogspot.com
Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall