Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mom is better

It’s now been 11 days since Mom fell and broke her hip at a Branson show.  Ten days ago she had surgery.  She has been in rehab ever since.  Ruth and I try to go see her everyday.  Dad is driving back and forth to our house every day to stay overnight.  We are all tired, but other than that, all seems to be going well.

I’m not in the therapy sessions, but the workers are complimenting Mom’s progress.  I can for sure say her attitude and strength are improving daily.  She should go home next Saturday, one week from today, if all continues to go well.

We all hate that this happened to Mom, but I do see a silver lining in the dark cloud.  I have been able to visit with Mom and Dad every day for over a week.  It’s been a long time since that happened.  I love hanging out with them. The Lord has his ways of turning our lemons into lemonade.  Keep praying.  Mom is better, but still has a ways to go.

iTunes Ruth Marshall
Family blog www.yeebird.blogspot.com
Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall