Wednesday, March 16, 2011

40 years?

Ruth and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary this Sunday March 20. Makes me nostalgic.


It is an utterly unspeakably remarkable miracle that I rightly made the three most important decisions of my life before my 20th birthday. At age 6, I was saved. At 15, I surrendered to full-time ministry. At 19, I married Ruth.


What are the chances that a young person could make wise decisions in all three of these areas. It's a miracle. I would be remiss to rob the Lord of His glory and honor. He was guiding the steps of a naive, green behind the ears, youth.


Thank You, Jesus, for my salvation 53 years ago, for my ministry of 44 years, for Ruth and our marriage of 40 years. Annuit Coeptis (He hath favored our undertakings).


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall