Monday, April 4, 2011

Lindbergh's Grave

How many people go to Hawaii to find a grave? Only yours truly. There are of course other reasons to go there, but from the first of our planning, I was focused on Charles Lindbergh's grave.


Lindbergh made his solo transatlantic flight in 1927. He also made a whirlwind tour through the USA to the adoring praise of millions. While he was running this national victory lap, my dad was born. Thus his name Charles.


To reach the grave became for me like a search for the holy Grail, or if you will, a pilgrimage to Mecca. Okay, yes I'm given to hyperbole, but you get the point. I wanted to see my dad's namesake's grave.


It was hard to reach and hard to find, but worth the effort. I'll post pictures of it on my Facebook wall.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall