Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Memory Every Mile

Ruth and I are headed back home from my preaching in Southeast MO, the hub of the universe. Everywhere we look we see remembrances.


We pulled off Hwy 60 and drove one mile to see First Baptist Church of Essex. I preached there several Sundays when Ruth and I were engaged to be married.


At a Sunday dinner on the ground there I once swallowed a sharp chicken bone. It lodged in my throat. Couldn't get it up. Couldn't get it down. The pain was excruciating.


A lady ran into the church and brought back a cup of vinegar for me to drink. It almost gagged me. I still remember what it smelled and tasted like. Awful!! But it worked. I still hold vinegar in high regard, even though I don't like it.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall