Friday, May 4, 2012

Playing Catch-up

Times have changed. Not too long ago I scheduled at least one hour of office work for every day away from the office. That's no longer the case. Smart phones changed everything.

Everywhere I go I am able to do office work: telephone calls, emails, text messages, sermon editing, etc. When I return to the office, there is much less stacked up to do. That's the good news.

Now the bad news. You never totally escape work. A full day's Sabbath rest seems elusive. You feel yourself torn between taking time to rest while away, or whether you want a smaller stack on your desk when you return to the office. It's a trade-off I struggle with daily.

As you know, I love my iPhone. It is my traveling companion at all times in all places. It allows me to stay connected, but I have to admit, somedays I think I would be better off disconnected for a while. Please don't tell my phone I said that.

Twitter & FB john316marshall