Thursday, March 28, 2013

Life Quotes 4,5,6

For Holy Week I am posting my life quotes. I hope they will bless you as they have me.

4. "Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips" (PR 27:2). Don't blow your own horn. Let someone else sing your praises. This is a tough one for me. If I succeed, I want everyone to know it.

5. "Not my will, but Thine, be done." In Gethsemane our Master taught us the essence of prayer. It is not bending God's will to ours, but rather bending our will to His. These are tough words to say in absolute sincerity. When Jesus said them, He sweat drops of blood.

6. "I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me" (Micah 7:7). I hate to wait. Few things try my faith more severely than when God does not act according to my timetable. He never seems to be overly affected by my frustration in this area.

Twitter & FB john316marshall