Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Heaven is Sweeter Today

A few weeks ago I met a man who is terminally ill. He's been a hard-driving unbelieving Marine since his Viet Nam days. He met a lady who knew me, and asked him if he would be willing to talk with me about his soul. Surprisingly, he said yes.

After a couple meetings, he received the Lord. The change was immediate and profound. I tried to mentor him. We made it through only one session. He asked if we could talk about death. We walked through I Corinthians 15, word by word, together.

His health became much worse last week. He had to go into ICU. When I entered his room, I saw the paperback Bible I had given him all dog-eared and worn. It was a great testimony to the change in his life.

I left his bedside about 20 minutes ago. He will be going on to see the Lord face to face soon. He says he is ready to go. He is dying at peace with God. It's been a beautiful experience for me. I am reminded; the Gospel works. People are still being radically changed by the good news of Jesus. My friend will be gone before long. Heaven is sweeter today than it was yesterday. Thank you, Jesus.

Twitter and FB john316marshall