Saturday, September 21, 2013

Preparing for Sunday

Saturday has always been for me a day set apart to prepare for the Lord's Day. Even when I was a kid, Mom made sure we all had our Saturday night baths in plenty of time to go to bed early so that we would be well rested and at our best Sunday morning. I never hear stories like that any more.

I'm not a stickler for things like this, but I do appreciate the fact my parents were trying to teach me the need to be at my best on Sunday. That still weighs heavily on me. On Saturday, I cloister myself, work hard on sermons, pray, and go to bed early.

I will see you in the morning. I pray I'll be in the right frame of mind and spirit to be a blessing. Always pray for me on Saturdays. I want to be effective on Sunday morning. I seek to bless you. This can only happen if God works through me to minister to you. I love you.

Twitter & FB john316marshall