Friday, November 6, 2015

More Fun From My Quotes

“I’ve got nothing smart to say about that.” Ruth does not let me use this phrase with her. She feels it is too often a way for me to cover up the fact I haven’t really been listening closely to what she was saying.

“Folks are crazy.” This is hyperbole. It’s my way of reminding us we must not think people react with pure logic in all situations. Emotions and other factors also figure in.

“For peace of mind, get what’s on your mind off your mind.” A quote from my Grandpa Marshall. When God told Abraham to offer his son Isaac, Abraham rose up early the next morning. He did not take time to fret. He was determined to get what was on his mind off his mind.

“You don’t go to Heaven because you’re good; you don’t go to Hell because you’re bad.” Jesus came to Earth to pay the sin debt. If we receive the benefits of His death on our behalf, we go to Heaven when we die. Otherwise we do not.