Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rainy Day

Weather affects Ruth. She doesn't like rainy days. For some reason I
have always been impervious to weather. Sun, rain, clear sky, cloudy--
bring it on. It doesn't matter to me.


This morning I highlighted both of tomorrow's sermon manuscripts. I
use about ten different colors.


Green marks a Bible verse address. Yellow highlights Bible words.
Purple denotes a quote. Orange means a significant pronoun or person.
Dark blue points out the main thought in a paragraph. There's also
dark red, light red, brown, black, and light blue. I often tell Ruth I
don't have the best sermons, but do have the prettiest.


I find myself using larger and larger print all the time. Before long
the choir will be able to read my manuscript.


This afternoon I scribbled out parts of next Sunday's sermon. My
assistant types them into the computer for me. Tonight I will
repeatedly read tomorrow's manuscripts. I probably read a sermon 15 or
more times before I preach it. Great cure for insomnia. Just kidding.
I hope.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall