Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Too Much 24

I'm home after two days away for a preachers meeting. Two
observations. One, I thoroughly enjoy preachers. They are the funniest
people on the planet.


Two, I miss Ruth when I'm away. We text each other often. She texts me
photos of the grandchildren to make me feel like I'm sharing their
life when I'm away.


I received an odd message from her. She said she was about to go into
a meeting, and was "going dark."


Going dark? What did that mean? Was she in a room with little light?
Was she wearing dark clothes?


I texted her, "What is dark"? About two hours later she wrote and
explained it is a code word from the TV show 24 meaning undercover,
out of communication, unreachable.


Laughing out loud, I called her. I said I was maybe the only husband
in the USA who needed to watch 24 in order to be able to communicate
with his wife. What a hoot!!


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall