Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mom and Easter

I talked to Mom a few minutes ago. She is in the hospital. The plan
was to put in a pacemaker, but at the critical moment, she coughed up
a little blood.


The pacemaker will have to wait another week. After two days of tests
on her lungs, she has a clear bill of health. She is sitting in her
room, waiting impatiently for the doctor to send her home.


Easter is here. Resurrection Sunday. Please pray the Holy Spirit will
have freedom to work mightily among us. Ruth and I are both bringing a
guest to church. Who are you bringing?


Humor helps. At breakfast this morning at a restaurant I suddenly
noticed Ruth had her blouse on inside out. We were both howling as
she dashed off to the bathroom to make the change. I love Ruth. I have
never been bored in her presence.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall