Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cataract Surgery 2

Today I'll have my second and last cataract surgery. After 52 years of
wearing eyeglasses for nearsightedness, I will as of today have to
start wearing cheater reading glasses for farsightedness.


I'm ready to have this second surgery done. It's been a tough month
visually. One good, yet farsighted, eye; one bad, extremely
nearsighted, eye. My brain has not been able to focus the two. It's
been a blurry month.


I have tried to have fun with my handicap this month. In order to get
work done, I had to put patches over the right eye lens in my glasses.
On one patch I drew an eyeball. On the other patch I wrote, "Ahoy,
Maties!"


One of our church housekeepers said she didn't know what to say in
response to "Ahoy, Maties!" I suggested she say, "Polly want a
cracker!" Life is a long journey. Take every chance you can to enjoy
the trip.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall