Friday, November 5, 2010

15 Years

Has it really been a decade and a half since Ruth and I first arrived at Second? We were younger then. My hair was all brown, and I had no grandchildren.


Did any of us have even in our wildest dreams any notion of what lay before us? Rapid attendance growth. New buildings. Missions revival. Ministry expansion. Debt paid off. Church planting. MBC President. Four grandchildren (one more coming).


Be assured Ruth and I think this ride has been wild and fun. No boredom here. We're set to jet for another 15 years. We both believe Second's best days are yet to come.


Ruth and I hope you will join us at the church-wide party Sunday night. I'll preach at the 5:00 worship service, and then we'll celebrate in the gym to our heart's content. Huzzah!! Let the games begin.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall