Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First Time in 40 Years

As best Ruth and I can remember, tomorrow will be the first Thanksgiving Day we have not spent with our parents. Through all of our married life, we have always found a way to make it to the Hueys or my parents.


When in seminary at New Orleans, when a Pastor in Mississippi or Arkansas, we faithfully made our Thanksgiving pilgrimage. Ruth's parents are in Heaven now. Every day for them is Thanksgiving.


My parents live in St. Louis County. Ruth and I slipped away to spend two days with them last week. Ruth and I are now officially on grandbaby watch. We want to be here when our new granddaughter comes.


Tomorrow Ruth and I will eat at Rebekah's. John and his crew will be there, as well as Nathan's family. When the Marshalls and Williams get together, we all have a blast.


By the way, before tomorrow is done, I will call Mom and Dad to wish them a happy Thanksgiving. Oh yes, one final note. Go Cowboys!!


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall