Friday, January 9, 2015

Hay Who?





Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall"Who is that masked man?" That's the question I impulsively asked myself a few months ago when I stumbled across a preacher's name I had never heard before.

Hay Aitken died about 100 years ago. He served the Church of England as a "Missioner", a traveling preacher whose sermons were focused on missions.

He had a missions fire in his bones that is re-stoking some smoldering embers in me. This book is a classic. I do not remember where I found it, but I am grateful I did.

Bob Roberts has asked me to preach for our World Missions Conference in February. I have been studying, praying, and seeking to regain some missions fervor in my deepest essence. Hay Aitken, whoever he was, is helping me on all accounts.

Thank You, Lord, for preachers who, though they be dead, yet speak.