Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrate the 4th?

I feel a hesitation among some believers about our churches having worship services that are patriotic. Folks say they don't want to wrap the Bible in the Constitution, hide the Christian flag under the USA flag, or have the National Anthem drown out Amazing Grace.


I realize patriotism can be overdone, but I wonder if we have equated it with being happy with all our government is doing? In other words, are people reluctant to show patriotism when they disagree with decisions being made by the Supreme Court, with laws passed by Congress, or with who occupies the White House?


Be careful, fellow American Christians. No matter how upset we are with the political status quo, as long as we have liberty, we need to celebrate. For 43 years I have preached without government interference. I am grateful for this land of the free. Believers, I'm celebrating the Fourth. I urge you to join me. God bless America.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall