Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Food Friends

People ask me how I lost weight and kept it off. My first answer is, it's a miracle. Only God could intervene in my addiction to food.


A part of the Lord's workings in my life has been to send me some great food friends. First, He sent me salsa. Bland food could not fill the bill. I needed food that would fight back, yet not be full of calories.


Decaf unsweetened tea is a Godsend. Literally. I've tried water, but it never caught on for me. Tea worked.


Kosher dill pickles are also my friends. I love the crunch and strong burst of flavor they provide. Also, no calories doesn't hurt.


Lemons have been my buddies since I was a kid. I used to buy them at Henson's Grocery Store in Cape for a nickel. I have always enjoyed the way they contort my whole face.


When God thought of a tomato, He had a wonderful thought. When tomatoes are in season, I try to eat one with every meal. I cover them in pepper.


I'm suddenly hungry.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall