Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mom is home

What started out as a 3-day pleasure trip to Branson ended up as a 19-day hospital saga. One misstep at a Branson show, resulting in a broken hip, changed everything.


It's been a very trying experience for Mom. Surgery and rehab have been tough. We have all been impressed with, and blessed by, the personnel at Skaggs Hospital. They treated Mom like a queen.


For me, the silver lining in the cloud has been the large amount of time I was able to spend with Mom and Dad. I drove to Branson essentially every day to visit Mom. Dad stayed overnight with us each evening.


I'm grateful Mom is better. I'm thankful for the people at Skaggs. I'm pleased with the time I had with Mom and Dad. The Lord does all things well.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall