Friday, October 15, 2010

Colorful Sermons

You’ve often heard me say or write, I do not have the best sermons, but do have the prettiest ones. I use multiple colors to highlight all my sermon manuscripts, which are printed out in 24 point print.  Greg Bunn, via Facebook, became the first person ever to ask me what each color stands for. I answered him and thought you might like to know, too.

Green is Bible addresses.  Yellow is Bible words.  Purple is quotes.  Orange is important pronouns.  Blue is the main thought of the first paragraph of the page.  Red is the second paragraph highlight.  Brown is the third paragraph highlight.

I use other colors to accent other items.  For instance, black asterisks in the margin call my attention to look at the screens or reach for a sermon prop. Now you know.  Thanks, Greg, for asking.

iTunes Ruth Marshall
Family blog www.yeebird.blogspot.com
Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall