Friday, December 16, 2011

KJV

I have only the book of Malachi to read to complete my annual Bible reading discipline. This is, I think, my second time to read the entire King James Version. All other years since 1976 I have read the New American Standard or Holman Bibles.


I grew up with the KJV. It will always be "my" Bible, but I can see where it could be difficult for many. I struggled in some places to understand meanings, especially in the Minor Prophets and in places describing the Temple and sacrificial offerings.


I think I will return to the NAS for 2012, but let it be known, I fully understand the significance of the KJV. It stands alone in English history. It is by far the most important book ever written in our language. I'm grateful for its 400 years of influence.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall