Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pujols Is Gone

I'm sad.  Pujols will be a Cardinal no longer.  I'm not as devastated as you might think I would be.  I did not crumple to the ground in a fetal position and start sucking my thumb.

For one thing, I think he did what any of us would have done.  Could we turn down a quarter of a billion dollars to play baseball?  I doubt it.

I'm also glad he is going to the American League.  Being a designated hitter could extend his career by three or four years.  The pesky injuries that bother him from time to time will probably be less of an irritant.

Finally, I don't think anyone can be upset at Cardinals management.  A quarter of a billion dollars could have sunk our ship in the long run.

I feel it has worked out for the best all around. I will miss Albert, but wish him nothing but the very best.

Twitter @john316marshall
Facebook  john316marshall