Thursday, February 23, 2012

Missing Pujols

Yes I miss Albert. I was doing better until I read these stats about him on the Major League Baseball web site. Since coming to the Majors in 2001, the nine-time All-Star and winner of two World Series rings leads all of baseball in batting average (.328), homers (445) and RBIs (1,329).

He ranks second in slugging (.617) and intentional walks (251). He is third in on-base percentage (.420) and hits (2,073). In Major League history, no player has ever hit more home runs through his first 11 seasons (Eddie Matthews is second with 399).

I did not realize Albert's record was this stunning. I wish him well in California. Go Cardinals!! Maybe we'll face him in the World Series. Wouldn't that bring a lot of drama to baseball?

Twitter & FB john316marshall