Wednesday, January 30, 2013

May Greene School

My waxing eloquent about May Greene school on Sunday made me wonder what had happened to the building. It was old when I was there in grade school. I googled it. Lo and behold!! The old building has been bought by First Assembly in Cape Girardeau, and is being used as a satellite campus.

It is called House of Hope. Regular services and small groups meet there every Sunday morning. On Wednesday, House of Hope buses in children after school, tutors them, and serves them a warm meal. A food pantry is kept there. The church provides free professional makeovers and portraits for whomever comes. By the way, my cousin helps run that particular program. Huzzah!!

A part of the First Assembly family has made House of Hope their church home. It blesses me to know the grade school I attended is now being used in church planting, a movement very dear to my heart.

Twitter and FB john316marshall