Friday, May 3, 2013

Record Storm

For many, including me, this is the first time we have seen snow fall in May. I am in awe. This may never happen again in our lifetimes.

This May snowfall is extra poignant to me because I was in the 1980s the Pastor of an elderly man who remembered the last big May snowfall in Missouri, about 1929 or so. He loved to tell the story. The storm caught everyone by surprise. He was not dressed in winter clothes. When the snow began to fall, he knew history was in the making. He pulled to the side of the road, got out of his car, and stood in the snow for a few minutes to relish the moment.

He said he knew it would never happen again, and he wanted to never forget it. He never did. He took that story to the grave with him. It also stuck with me. I'm thinking of him today. He would be awed too.

Twitter and FB john316marshall