Friday, July 4, 2014

3000 Pages

Last night I finished reading Foote's 3000-page-book on the Civil War. It took me longer to read the book than it took to fight the war.

As far as I know, only two guys in the whole world really cared about this accomplishment in my life. Doug Munton, Pastor at FBC O'Fallon, insisted I do it. When I faltered after 2000 pages, Kenny Qualls, Pastor at FBC Arnold MO, shamed me into finishing the task.

Once I read the last page, I sent a text message to both. They each wrote a congratulatory note in response. Them came the gut wrenching questioning of myself . Why did I do this? 3000 pages!! What was I thinking?

Oh well, it was a good read. I think I will henceforth limit myself to books of 200 pages or less, maybe even 100 or less.

Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall