Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Wise 32-Year-Old

Andy Castro is one of the up and coming young men in our church. I'm 62; he's 32 today. His birthday reflections are profound. Enjoy.

Everything the sitcom FRIENDS taught me about life was wrong.

College did not prepare me for the "Real World."

High School did not prepare me for college......except Mary Frances Wagner. I will forever be in debt to her teaching. I hated it at the time, but it was the best preparation for both College and Life. I would have never found the articulate person within me.

Marriage is better than they tell you it will be. Having kids is actually not annoying. Parenting is all about time.

I am not special.....now the world makes sense. I am special....now I can take over the world.

(the last two statements should come in that order, too many people reverse them and get depressed)

There is no such thing as supernatural. All acts of God are natural. Natural means natural, not the absence of understanding.

Most organizational problems boil down to bad leadership. Most people cannot communicate effectively.

Manhood is misunderstood by most men.

There are 2 types of women in this world, my wife and everyone else.


Twitter @john316marshall