Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Ending

My niece has faced seemingly insurmountable odds to become a prime
example of a Godly single mom. One part of her story I want to tell
here.


Her husband died years ago, leaving her with a young son. She knew her
husband had been married before and had a daughter, but there was no
contact with her whatsoever.


Recently my niece decided her son needed to find and know his half-
sister. Twenty minutes after my niece joined Facebook, she found the
half-sister and the first wife.


After months of FB contact, they decided to meet face to face. My
niece came from St. Louis; the others from Oklahoma. They met
yesterday at Bass Pro Shops here.


Long story short. Nervousness gave way to sheer joy. You should see
the pictures. DNA speaks truth. They are without doubt siblings. It
was a precious time. The Lord smiled on them.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall