Friday, March 5, 2010

Authorship

Thanks for the kind words some of you have shared about the
quasquicentennial book we released last Sunday. My name is on the
cover, but a host of people made it happen. Be sure to read the
acknowledgements.


We have sold 250 copies, about 200 more than I thought we would sell.
Thanks. You have spared me a bruised ego.


This Sunday March 7 our church's 125th anniversary continues. We will
burn the note, celebrating the fact we no longer owe anything to a
bank, for the first time in 31 years, almost one-third of a century.


I'm reading and being deeply blessed by Ravi Zachariah's
autobiography, "Walking From East to West." God lifted Ravi from a
life of utter despair, loneliness, and attempted suicide to become one
of the most gifted apologists or our era. I would like to meet him
someday.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall