Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pastoral Pastoring

I thoroughly enjoy the people centered aspects of being a Pastor. Ruth
and I went to a nice restaurant with friends today. Gift cards are
great. Friends are far greater.


Went to a funeral home tonight for a viewing. I was blessed by the
privilege to go from person to person being a true shepherd of a
flock. This is what I signed up for 43 years ago, when I entered the
ministry.


Remember to prayerwalk your neighborhood each day from now till
Easter. Pray for people to come hear the resurrection story on Easter.
Yesterday I forgot to prayerwalk my block. Tonight I prayerwalked it
twice.


Humor helps. Lilly Ruth is being potty trained. When her mother said
she was going to the restroom, Lilly Ruth said, "Thank you, Mommy, for
telling me you needed to go potty."

Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall