Saturday, August 28, 2010

Change

I hate change.  I think the only change I ever fully embraced was when I went from being single to being married.  I like things the way they are.  Consistency keeps life simple.  I come by this trait honestly.  My Grandpa Hill sat in the same chair every day for 25 years, watching PBS, preachers, baseball, and soap operas. He was the most contented man I ever knew.

We would ask him to go to the mountains with us.  He’d say, “I’ve seen a mountain.”  We’d offer to take him to the beach.  He’d say, “I saw the ocean once.”  That was it.  He was satisfied to sit next to Grandma every day.

Speaking of change, I’m learning a new way to post my blog.  Well, actually, I’m relearning an old way of doing it.  It’s complicated.  See what I mean.  Change is painful.

Again speaking of change, I’m going to do a few blogs about my wearing jeans to church last Sunday. It’s been a hoot of a trip this week as people have responded by Facebook and other ways too.

iTunes Ruth Marshall
Family blog www.yeebird.blogspot.com
Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall