Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Why Jeans On Sunday

Since Facebook is abuzz about my decision to wear jeans at the 11:00 service this Sunday Aug 22, I decided I had best explain my sudden change in attire. I got burned on a dare.


Daniel Hood, our college minister, always wears typical college fare, which I do not need to describe. A few weeks ago he conducted a wedding.


Daniel bought a beautiful suit and a world class tie. By the way, I had to tie the tie for him. He looked so classy that I told him if he wore that suit to church on Sunday morning I would wear jeans later.


I never for one second believed he would wear the suit to church. Uh oh. He did. Now I'm behind the eight ball.


Today I went to Express in the mall and bought my shirt and jeans. I'll be decked out on Sunday. People will probably mistake me for a college student. I doubt it.


Twitter @john316marshall
www.facebook.com/john316marshall