Monday, July 27, 2009

Backache

My back hurts. I wish I could say I was doing something spectacular
when it happened. Truth is, I was getting up out of a chair and felt
something slip. Didn't hurt too bad at the time, but it's barking at
me loud and clear.


I am taking ibuprofen. Surely the person who invented that wonder
drug is lounging on a beach in Destin sipping lemonade. He or she
deserves unlimited access to Fort Knox.


At the time of my disablement I was quasquitizing. When I get serious
about the church history research, I become totally absorbed in it,
obsessed if you will. Good sitting posture gets forgotten. Not good.


My good friend, Dr. Bruce Chesser, Pastor at Geyer Springs in Little
Rock, has resigned to become Pastor at FBC Hendersonville TN, one of
the largest churches in our Southern Baptist Convention. I am prouder
than a peacock. I wish him Godspeed.